Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) – Palo Alto, CA
Job code: TME-092613
Location: Palo Alto, CA
The TME will be customer-facing and will need to develop an extremely deep understanding of Pica8’s Software Defined Networking (SDN) vision, and how it can be used to enable a new, open era of networking. This position reports to the VP of Marketing.
- Have the ability to see the 'big picture' and articulate internally and externally how all the technical initiatives come together
- Must be able to articulate product capabilities and value proposition to customers in both architectural and operational voices.
- Assists the field teams in crafting deployment architectures and proof of concept demonstrations that highlight Pica8’s competitive differentiation
- Performs technical presentations, competitive analysis and demonstrations for customers, partners, and prospects as well as help document solutions and architectures.
- Manages complex deployments for the highest levels of customer satisfaction while positioning for new revenue opportunities and ongoing renewals.
- Ensures successful beta testing and version upgrades. Applies minimally necessary programming/scripting for success.
- Routinely demonstrates proactive and tenacious approach to customer success by aligning customer and Pica8 objectives for a win-win outcome.
- Travel per customer requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of routing and switching protocols, including how data center architects leverage these technologies.
- Hands on configuration experience with OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, Multicast, Spanning Tree, and Layer-2. MPLS experience a plus.
- Relevant knowledge including but not limited to Public / Private Cloud, SDN, OpenFlow, network visualization.
- Ability to perform intermediate level programming or scripting, including Python and Shell.
- Understanding how customers test, procure, maintain and decommission network infrastructure - both software and hardware. Knowledge of automated provisioning tools such as Chef and Puppet a plus.
- Must be able to coordinate across various groups and functional teams.
- Performs tasks with little to no supervision.
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires a BS/BA or equivalent.
- Advanced industry certifications helpful (CCIE, JNCIP etc.).
- At least one of: Cisco, Juniper, Arista product experience is required.
- Network capacity planning, modeling, and traffic optimization experience preferred including tools (OPnet, Netflow, etc.).
- Customer interface experience required in a relevant role.
- 5+ years in the industry with related experience.