Pica8 Showcases Broad Compatibility, SDN Advances at ONS 2016
Demos, Speaking, and Showcases Highlight Pica8’s Leadership at Major Open Networking Event
PALO ALTO, Calif. – March 14, 2016 – Pica8 Inc., the one-stop source for white box networking, today announced that it will have a major presence at the Open Networking Summit (ONS) being held at the Santa Clara Convention Center on March 14-17. Pica8’s participation in ONS includes:
At booth SU2, Pica8 will demonstrate:
- Full integration between its PicOS NOS and Broadcom’s BroadView network instrumentation suite, which leverages an open standard software interface to extract network instrumentation and telemetry data
- PicOS powered switches leveraging Cavium’s XPliant switch ASIC
Pica8’s Sudhir Modali will present two talks at the ONS conference on Tuesday, March 15:
- “Table Type Patterns (TTP) – the key to ASIC-agnostic SDN/OpenFlow,” at 2:15 PM
- “Taking SDN/OpenFlow to your home – powering content delivery with OpenFlow, ONOS and PicOS” at 3:05 PM
In the SDN and NFV Solutions Showcase at the conference, Pica8 will participate in two showcases:
- “MPLS VPN with protection restoration on PicOS with ODL” with Inocybe (booth SU9) and SURFnet
- “Scale-out OpenStack Neutron configuring PicOS with PRISM Linux Abstractions,” with Kulcloud (booth 25L)
“ONS is the major open networking conference of the year, and we wanted to be sure to underscore our industry leadership and core value propositions with strong participation,” said Steve Garrison, vice president of marketing at Pica8. “With our demonstrations we’re showing our broad interoperability, while our speaking participation shows off our technical expertise, and our showcase participation shows our integration with the wider SDN/OpenFlow ecosystem. Everywhere ONS attendees look at the conference, they’ll see Pica8 at the heart of advanced open networking implementations.”
About Pica8, Inc.
Pica8 is breaking barriers to truly customizable application performance through open networking. With its Linux-based PicOS™ network operating system, Pica8 empowers a wide variety of white box and brite box switches to enable easy integration with existing Layer 2/Layer 3 networks and unlimited SDN scalability through OpenFlow. Since 2009, Pica8 has pioneered new open networking technologies such as Linux-based networking, CrossFlow networking, vASIC® and Table Type Patterns. Through ongoing innovation, Pica8 is a trusted brand that unlocks the potential of made-to-order networking, offering a mainstream alternative to legacy proprietary systems. For more information, visit www.pica8.com or follow us on Twitter @pica8.