The rapidly emerging SDN market is targeting both Enterprise and Cloud/Network service providers; however, today they have different needs. While most enterprise organizations are looking for complete SDN solutions, service providers want an open and flexible network platform to build its own solutions. Pica8 understands this requirement and has developed an innovative and cost effective open network platform to better enable those service providers.
Enterprise Strategy Group
1 GbE / 10 GbE Open Switches
The Open Networking Platform Made for Your Data Center
Pica8™ open switches deliver customizability to your data center. Running PicOS?, Pica8's Linux-based open network operating system, our purpose-built open switches:
- Are ideal for cloud or virtualized data centers that require flexibility and scale.
- Seamlessly integrate with today?s data center applications on traditional network architectures.
- Allow for exploration of new software-defined networking (SDN) technologies, such as OpenFlow.
PicOS utilizes proven high performance hardware, made by our ODM (original design manufacturer) partners (including Accton and Quanta Computer), with a maximum switching fabric capacity of 176 Gbps for 1 GbE, and 1.28 Tbps for 10 GbE platforms. It runs standards-based Layer-2 / Layer-3 protocols with Industry-leading OpenFlow 1.3 / OVS v2.0 integration, securing the building blocks for your transition to software-defined networking. Open vSwitch (OVS) runs as a process within PicOS, providing the OpenFlow interface for external programmability.
Learn more about our four unique switches, made for your open network:
48 x 1 GbE Fixed Configuration
P-3290 & P-3295
With 10 GbE Uplinks
- 48 1 GbE SFP+ port base unit
- Four 10 GbE SFP+ uplinks
- Cost-effective 1 GbE server aggregation
- Purpose-built to scale OpenFlow implementations leveraging high-performance TCAM
- First system to partition and optimize the number of TCAM entries required for flow rules
48 x 10 GbE Fixed Configuration
With 10 GbE & 40 GbE Uplinks
- Up to 64 10 GbE SFP+ ports leveraging the 48 port 10 GbE SFP+ base unit, with four 40 GbE QSFP+ or 16 10 GbE QSFP+ uplinks
- High density aggregation or line-rate connectivity to the core
- Up to 64 x 10 GbE ports leveraging
the 48-port 10GBASE-T base unit,
with 4 x 40 GbE QSFP+ or 16 x 10
GbE QSFP+ to SFP+ uplinks
- High-density 100/1000/10GBASE-T
copper aggregation with line-rate
connectivity to the core