PicOS features vASIC®, a hardware abstraction technology that simplifies the process of supporting new hardware platforms, and it’s built on an unmodified Debian Linux kernel, making it easy for users to develop and integrate network applications.
Key FeaturesPicOS includes:
- A Layer-2 protocol stack featuring MLAG
- Full Layer-3 protocol support including OSPF, BGP and multicast
- Support for OpenFlow, OVSDB, and key SDN protocols
- Integration with market-leading SDN controllers including HP VAN, ONOS, OpenDaylight, and Ryu
- Simple device provisioning and management via ZTP, CLI, DevOps automation tools, and a standard Linux shell
PicOS is obtained through an easy one-time, perpetual software license model.
You can choose from three PicOS editions: switching, routing, and OpenFlow (see PicOS Editions table below).
PicOS is certified to run on white box switch hardware from our hardware compatibility list.