TAC Engineer – Palo Alto, CA
Job code: TAC-20151026
Location: Palo Alto, CA
The TAC (Technical Assistance Center) engineer will answer questions and resolve problems for Pica8 customers. This position reports to the Manager of Support.
- Provide technical support and technical expertise to our customers and partners
- Perform the tests to verify the problems reported by customer including PicOS installation, configuration, and features and network design
- Provide answers to questions from customers
- Provide feedback to suggestions/enhancements from customers
- Expert knowledge in the following areas: Ethernet, Layer2 (RSTP/MSTP, VLANs, etc.), Layer3 (IP Routing, OSPF, BGP, etc.), and networking management
- Knowledge on Linux, shell script and Python
- It is a plus:
- Knowledge on SDN, NFV, OpenFlow, network virtualization
- Knowledge in architecting and/or managing large-scale networking solutions
- Experience in automation and management at scale a huge plus (e.g. DevOps)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge on Cisco, Juniper, or other network devices
- In-depth understanding of routing and switching protocols
- Hands on configuration experience with OSPF, BGP, Multicast, Spanning Tree, GRE, MPLS, XVLAN …
- Knowledge on OpenStack, puppet, chef, …
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires a BS/MS of computer science or equivalent.
- Advanced industry certifications helpful (CCIE, JNCIP etc.).
- Network experience is a plus.
If you’re interested in in this position, submit your resume to email@example.com