AMSTERDAM, Netherlands – September 9, 2016 – Pica8 Inc., the one-stop source for white box networking, invites participants and attendees at IBC 2016 to attend Pica8 speaking sessions, live demonstrations, and meet company executives at the event.
Together with our leading partners, Pica8 is transforming the way broadcasting companies can build networks with COTS SDN switches. The combination of white box switching and SDN technology delivers the throughput and non-blocking capabilities needed to transition SDI-based router networks to IP, while also providing a faster way to converge and switch video streams for live broadcast.
Here is a list of Pica8’s key activities at the show:
- SDN Interoperability with Pica8’s PicOS running on COTS switches, Nevion Media nodes, and Nevion’s VideoPath SDN management and orchestration system for LiveIP media
- Location (STORDIS booth): Booth 6.A15
- VRT-EBU LiveIP studio
- A showcase of technologies that are helping to product live television today, leveraging interoperability between twelve leading technology partners.
- Location (EBU booth): Booth 10.F20
- High Performance SDN for LiveIP
- The transition to 4K and 8K UHD has created greater demands on the network, and legacy SDI infrastructure is struggling to keep up. The combination of white box switching and SDN technology offers an easy transition to IP in a cost-effective manner.
- September 10, 2016 – 11:00 – 11:30
- September 11, 2016 – 13:00 – 13:30
- September 12, 2016 – 14:00 – 14:30
- Speaker: Dan Tuchler, email@example.com Vice President of Product Management, Pica8
- Location (ELEMENTS | Syslink GmbH booth): Booth 7.B08
About Pica8, Inc.
Pica8 is breaking barriers to truly customizable application performance through open networking. With its Linux-based PicOS™ network operating system, Pica8 enables custom traffic engineering and empowers white box and brite box switches to integrate easily with existing Layer 2/Layer 3 networks and deliver unlimited SDN scalability through OpenFlow. Since 2009, Pica8 has pioneered new open networking technologies such as Linux-based networking, CrossFlow networking, vASIC® and Table Type Patterns. Through ongoing innovation, Pica8 is a trusted brand that unlocks the potential of made-to-order networking, offering a mainstream alternative to legacy proprietary systems. For more information, visit www.pica8.com or follow us on Twitter @pica8.