Open Networking is Networking Freedom
AmpCon™ Network Controller
All-in-One Software Switch Automation
- Complete separation of hardware and software
- No license restrictions for port size and performance
- No additional fees for features and upgrades
PicOS® Software Switches
The Enterprise Software Switch
- Virtualization with EVPN VXLAN fabric
- Zero Trust networking through NAC integration with Cisco ISE and Aruba ClearPass
- Broadest choice of multi-gig, PoE and 1G to 100G white box hardware
Pica8 Software Replaces Cisco DNA Center and Catalyst Switches
Enterprise campus, distributed sites and data center networks are replacing thousands of Cisco Catalyst switches with PicOS Software Switches on hardware provided by Dell and Edgecore. Through a single GUI, Pica8’s AmpCon™ Network Controller centrally manages and automates switch deployments as an alternative to Cisco DNA Center. Customers secure an increase in freedom and reduction in expense that every C-level executive will appreciate.
AmpCon Network Controller
Need an alternative to Cisco DNA Center and competing solutions from Juniper and Arista?
Pica8’s AmpCon is a network controller that manages the lifecycle of any number of open network switches in enterprise campus and branch/retail office access networks. AmpCon comprises a set of server-based tools that enable enterprises to remotely install, configure and provision hundreds – or thousands – of PicOS Software Switches deployed on white box switch hardware. It is the first network controller that leverages both advanced proprietary and open technology allowing network operators to run their networking software with full visibility and automation.
Pica8 customers find the value proposition of software is compelling on its own, but the advancement of open networking today ensures that you will continue to reap long-term financial rewards from smart forecasting and planning, even as your peers play catch-up with their project plans.
- Buy once, run anywhere flexibility
- Contain licensing costs, regardless of capacity or throughput configuration
- Pica8 software prices are not affected by increases in hardware prices
What is your time worth?
AmpCon brings the concept of Zero Touch Provisioning to enterprise switch deployments including remote sites that lack the separate management network found in data centers – no “truck roll” or IT staff required. Once the switch is powered up, AmpCon kicks off an automation routine, ultimately reaching out to the AmpCon Automation Server and downloading a pre-configured software image and license for that switch. AmpCon’s automation engine is then ready to proceed with network services as scheduled or when needed.
AmpCon allows you to focus on designing your network and network policies instead of performing repetitive network operations manually.
Automate deployment of thousands of white box switches.
Security and Network Compliance
Enforce day-to-day security and network compliance policies on groups of switches with ease.
Schedule Backups & Upgrades
Leave long weeknight/weekend switch upgrades behind with automated upgrades and backups.
Customize your Automation
Add Ansible Playbooks to create custom workflows.
PicOS: Software Switches
Need an alternative to Cisco Catalyst 3K, 4K or 9K switches or competing products from Juniper and Arista?
PicOS Software Switches install on 1G to 100G interface open switch hardware from Tier 1 manufacturers as an open alternative to legacy hardware switches. With the industry’s broadest choices of multi-gig and PoE hardware from Dell and Edgecore, our customers build high-powered, next-gen enterprise networks with open networking methodologies.
- No need to relearn networking
- Feature and performance parity
- Support a broad range of multi-gig, PoE and 1G to 100G switches
- Pica8’s PicOS Software Switches give you freedom of choice
Download our Cisco DNA and
Catalyst Replacement Case Study
PicOS: The Enterprise Software Switch
- Network Virtualization across Campus and Data Center networks with EVPN VXLAN fabric
- Complete integration with Network Access Control (NAC) Policy Managers such as Cisco ISE and Aruba ClearPass
- Full featured 802.1x implementation to enterprise access layer for IoT, authorized users and guests
- Support next generation enterprise access switches with multi-gig Ethernet and up to 100 W PoE
- Support next generation aggregation and core switches with 96x25G and 64x100G ports
- Support deployment of next generation 8×8 Wi-Fi 6E access points
PicOS also offers an SDN version for OEMs to build applications such as monitoring and video.
See our list of supported hardware
PicOS Software Switches have a Knack for NAC
(network access control)
Enterprise campuses support more types of devices (IoT, security cameras, BYOD) and users (students, employees, contractors) than ever before. PicOS Software Switches serve as a vital network-wide policy management tool for enterprise network security. Our customers say that PicOS NAC services are leading the open networking industry.
- Aruba ClearPass
- Cisco ISE